|Job Title: Sprayer / Finisher|
|Reporting to: Workshop Manager|
We specialise in bespoke interiors, creating and delivering exceptional furniture for luxury interiors within the high-end residential market. We take great pride in our work where nothing less than exceptional can be expected. We work closely with the interior designer, architect and developers as well as the end client, together making it happen.
We are based in the Hampshire village of South Harting, just 5 minutes from Petersfield off the A3. Located on a picturesque 16th century farm in beautiful surroundings, the business comprises of 300m2 of manufacturing workshop capability.
We are looking for a sprayer / finisher with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, to become our spray shop manager and leading sprayer, who can work efficiently and to a high standard. Who is punctual, reliable, well-presented and will always be courteous and respectful of their colleagues.
Working in a small environment workshop you will need to have a good knowledge of finishing applications and techniques. Someone with a good eye for detail and be able to work to high standards within deadlines whilst maintaining safe working practices.
You must demonstrate an understanding of different finishing techniques within the use of different timbers and other materials with their various finishes. Whilst we operate a small workshop environment you will certainly need to be self-motivated and have the ability to control your work load, within specific and required time frames
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities
- To have a minimum of five years’ experience.
- Previous experience in finishing high-end residential furniture.
- To have good time keeping and always show respect and be courteous towards all colleagues.
- Have the capabilities to work alone or within a team, on either small or large projects.
- Be able to understand drawings, have problem-solving skills and be a good communicator.
- Experience in the use of 2 pack paints and lacquers, water-based paints & lacquers & PU Lacquers. Also, conventional techniques with some knowledge of liquid metal effects being an advantage.
- Is able to burnish/polish in order to achieve high gloss finish.
- Proactively be thinking numerous steps ahead within the finishing of the item and foresee the best method in which to proceed.
- To have experience and proven competency in preparation of timber, MDF and wood veneer.
- Always be time conscious throughout the finishing of an item in that you are on schedule to complete the works within given parameters.
- To carry out and complete any reasonable ad-hoc tasks or requests as directed by your manager.
Competitive rates given
Please apply via email enclosing C.V. and covering letter to Graham Goodall (Graham@ashtonbesoke.co.uk)