|Job Title: Cabinet Maker|
|Reporting to: Workshop Manager|
We specialise in bespoke interiors, creating and delivering exceptional furniture for luxury interiors within the high-end residential market. We take great pride in our work where nothing less than exceptional can be expected. We work closely with the interior designer, architect and developers as well as the end client, together making it happen.
We are based in the Hampshire village of South Harting, just 5 minutes from Petersfield off the A3. Located on a picturesque 16th century farm in beautiful surroundings, the business comprises of 300m2 of manufacturing workshop capability.
We are looking for a skilled Cabinetmaker with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, who can work efficiently to a high standard. Who is punctual, reliable, well-presented and will always be courteous and respectful of their colleagues.
Working in a small environment workshop where you will be required to manufacture through to finished product from designs that have already been drawn up for you using computerised drawings (CAD) designs. You will need to be efficient and confident in using hand tools and large joinery machinery, always maintaining attention to detail, quality control and safe working practices.
You must demonstrate an understanding of different construction techniques & the use of different timbers and other materials and their various finishes.
Whilst we operate a small workshop environment you will certainly need to be self-motivated and have the ability to continue your work alone, or as part of a team, but to specific and required time frames.
Key Deliverables & Responsibilities
- To have a minimum of five years’ experience further from their apprenticeship.
- Previous experience in manufacturing high-end residential furniture.
- To have good time keeping and always show respect and be courteous towards all colleagues.
- Have the capabilities to work alone or within a team, on either small or large projects.
- Be able to understand drawings, create and plan a system of work to manufacture the given item.
- Create an accurate cutting list of all items required for manufacture from drawings.
- Proactively be thinking numerous steps ahead within the manufacturing of the item and foresee the best method in which to proceed.
- To have experience and proven competency in working with all wood working machinery.
- Always be time conscious throughout the making of an item and that you are on schedule to complete the works within given parameters.
- To carry out and complete any reasonable ad-hoc tasks or requests as directed by your manager.
Competitive rates given
Please apply via email enclosing C.V. and covering letter to Graham Goodall (Graham@ashtonbespoke.co.uk)